Friday 8 February 2008

Amanda Dalton and her nest poems

For poetry we had to study a verse of poems by Amanda Dalton. She writes about this newpaper clipping she had kept for a long time about a woman who was jilted at the wedding alter and went insane. She decided to build a nest in the garden and didn't leave it for 30 years. She had her wedding presents still in their boxes hanging from the trees in pink ribbon.
Likely causes of death were malnutrition and hyperthermia. It is a fancinating read and I advice it to everyone.

Being inspired by this I found a couple of copys of the independant in my room and cut out every article that was intersting to me. Maybe I could link them together and make a story, maybe I could write a set of poems like Amanda Dalton did.

Also on reading her verse of poems I felt a powerful sting of emotion run through me and I felt like I wanted to do the same intense lust she must of had to write about a relationship of that tragedy. I want to do the same while my lover is away exploring the country in it's beauty and wonder. I want to write a set of poems about the feelings I seem to be going through, they are hard and painful but it seems to be ok when I write about them.

No comments: